Chip Anderson, Associate
Chip brings more than 18 years of proven experience to WayPoint, along with extensive knowledge of the rapidly changing healthcare industry. He provides excellent consultative, presentation, sales and relationship building skills with the following core competencies:
- Hospital contract negotiations
- Financial management and analysis
- Physician practice administration
- Strategic planning and execution
- Physician buy-in/buy-out valuations
- Project and performance management
Chip is currently focused on strategic planning for physician practices. However, Chip’s extensive background in healthcare consulting includes eleven years in physician practice management at Zotec-MMP. Some of his accomplishments include:
- Assisted clients in merger and acquisition activities, including working with a corporate transactions firm to prepare a comprehensive marketing document for prospective buyers of a client.
- Successfully negotiated multiple physician professional service agreements with hospitals and facilities, resulting in financial subsidies for clients exceeding $2M annually.
- Developed and facilitated numerous strategic planning events for clients leading to net revenue growth for one client of over $350K annually, improved relations with hospital administration, developed marketing strategies and more accurate productivity based physician compensation models.
- Saved clients $50K+ annually by successfully negotiating nighthawk arrangements.
- Participated in sales presentations leading to new business in excess of $2M annually.
- Revised and developed physician productivity compensation models for clients resulting in the equitable division of group profits.
- Authored “Eight Steps to Better Strategic Planning” for Radiology Today, February 2013.
- Authored “Radiologist Recruitment and Retention: Misconceptions and Best Practices” in ImagingBiz, July 2013.
Prior to Zotec, Chip worked as director of operations at Logica Radio Planning where he re-engineered accounting processes, developed and implemented new procedures for expense reporting and established international taxation and accounting relationships. Before this, Chip served as audit senior at Ernst and Young where he supervised audits for healthcare, SEC and entrepreneurial clients and tested and evaluated accounting systems and processes.
Chip currently resides in McKinney, Texas with his wife and two children. He earned his bachelor of science degree in accounting from the University of North Texas, and is a certified public accountant in the state of Texas.